NOOB need help setting up Hobbyzone Sport Cub S

Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

Hi Chubby

Let’s try to get these two things sorted out.

First, dual (and triple) rates and expo.

These involve changing the way the control surfaces respond to stick inputs. Rates change the sensitivity across the whole range of movement while expo changes the shape of the response curve. Rates and expo of this kind do not apply to throttle or any other control function — they are strictly for A, E, and R controls.

Rates and expo for the three controls used to be on three separate switches, but now we usually see them combined on a single two or three position switch.

In OpenTX, rates and expo are set up in the Inputs page, which means they are applied before any mixing or other programming of channels happens.

As shown above, rates and expo are set up by introducing extra lines in the Inputs page. Each line for a given control, say Aileron, is associated with a position of the switch. In the example, I used Switch D on a Taranis QX7, but I could have assigned rates/expo to any regular switch (or to three separate ones). Switch D (up) I use for high rates and whatever expo goes with it. D (—) is mid rate and D (down) is low rates each with its own expo setting.

Setting up OpenTX with these extra lines is well explained in RCdiy.CA.

Now, second, setting up channel 5 to control SAFE mode is very simple, as all that is needed is a switch set to produce -100/0/100 in its three positions. I used Switch A on the QX7, but again the choice of physical switch is up to you. Just tell OpenTX which switch you want it to use.

The receiver knows that channel 5 is always SAFE mode and selects the mode (beginner, intermediate, experienced) according to whether the switch is in position 0, 1 or 2.

There’s nothing “vague” about any of this! :)

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions.

Chubbywaffles

Re: NOOB need help setting up Hobbyzone Sport Cub S

Post by Chubbywaffles »

I am beginning to understand more clearly, thanks to you and others with continuous support. Thank you for your time!
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

By the way, I’m not sure if it was clear that I’m recommending the website RCdiy.ca as one good source of instructions on programming OpenTX.

http://rcdiy.ca

Return to “openTx model setup”