Throttle cut using logical switch. (abandoned).

ThompsonJim

Re: Throttle cut using logical switch. (abandoned).

Post by ThompsonJim »

thebriars0 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:23 pm
ThompsonJim wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 pm
thebriars0 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:29 pm Basically this routine has no direct effect on the servo whatsoever.

All it does is sets the throttle channel to -100 no matter where the throttle stick is. Then once switch E is held down for between 3 and 5 seconds AND the throttle stick is fully down it will enable the throttle stick to work again. If the throttle is enabled, it works exactly the same to disable the throttle.

In the mixer page, L02 acts on the throttle input to disable or enable the input from the throttle stick.
I am sorry Martin, but I cannot understand one sentence of the above description!

Edit: That is not completely true. I do understand the first sentence.
I think you need to read up carefully on OpenTX....................
I have been reading all the literature and website I can find on OpenTX. For some weeks now..........and I will continue to do so.
It is very different to programming a normal transmitter, .................
That much at least, is self evident.
Have you tried working through the "Getting Started" section of the documentation.
Yes, many, many times.

Thanks Martin,

Jim.

ThompsonJim

Post by ThompsonJim »

Martin,

If you have this logical switch working as you say, how much problem would it be for you to post a (EEPE?) file for downloading as a template?
I (and other readers) could then import the file into a test model set up and see if I/ they can get it work.
ThompsonJim

Post by ThompsonJim »

thebriars0 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:23 pm................
I think you need to read up carefully on OpenTX......................
I have been doing that. For a few weeks every night, and some days!
It is very different to programming a normal transmitter,.................
That much is self evident, even to me!
Have you tried working through the "Getting Started" section of the documentation. ................
Yes. I will do so again, and again and..............etc.
It is important as it is very easy to not understand something in your programming and then have a real problem during flight.
Are you trying to shake up my confidence? Sure sounds like it. But, I promise; I will be properly scared when I first fly with my Taranis.
Ok?

Thanks for the reply,

Jim.
thebriars0

Post by thebriars0 »

ThompsonJim wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:51 pm Martin,

If you have this logical switch working as you say, how much problem would it be for you to post a (EEPE?) file for downloading as a template?
I (and other readers) could then import the file into a test model set up and see if I/ they can get it work.
Jim

While you have read through the Getting Started section many times did you actually program the routines into the Companion and then use the simulator to test them? From the mistakes you made above, I'm guessing not, and yet you need to do this and test the routines out using the simulator to really begin to understand how OpenTX works. The simulator is great for this.

Its no longer an EEPE file, they are now saved in OTX format. The routine is exactly as printed in the text, I could send a model file, but the setup may be very different to what you are using. Remember, you can have the joysticks programmed to any channel, and this could well confuse just as much as it supports. Just use Companion to create a new model. If the model wizard comes up, just cancel it and type in the three section into the mixer, logical switches and special functions, then try it out using the simulator.

I'm not trying to shake your confidence, but making a mistake like assigning a switch using the ! in front could have very unexpected consequences in the air. This was explained in the "Getting Started" section on page13:

Temp.JPG
Martin
ThompsonJim

Post by ThompsonJim »

thebriars0 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:00 pm ...............................s did you actually program the routines into the Companion and then use the simulator to test them? .......................
Yes I did. I did use that to test your logical switch.

Its no longer an EEPE file, they are now saved in OTX format. ...............
Fine, that is not a problem. Templates are posted in .otx format for any number of models as far as I am aware.
I could send a model file, but the setup may be very different to what you are using..................
For this discussion, we can forget "the set up" I am using. The set up for the new tug plane has been sorted using the workaround I have already described; a channel has been made available to drive the optical switch/engine cut function. This discussion now has nothing to do with my Spacewalker tug plane, and will have nothing to do with it from now on.
However, for my education on this subject, and for any other beginner learning this system, I am continuing with efforts to get a stand alone example of your logical switch working. I am now using the tx. and a rx./battery and the switch and servo plugged into channel 3 (which is my throttle channel). Right in front of me here on my office desk in a test model set up in companion and in the transmitter. No actual model, no other channels etc.
As a result, I would/could set up a new model and load the a .otx file (from you) and see it all working here right on the desk in front of me. All other unecessary channels could be void. Only the logical switch needed for this simple exercise.
How long would it take you to oblige? Less then it takes to read my posts I would guess!
Lets not allow any other model set ups, right or wrong, historical or current, to get in the way.

And your mention of format? Of course, use the one that is in current usage and will work.
........................ but making a mistake like assigning a switch using the ! in front could have very unexpected consequences in the air.
Martin
You made me aware of that days ago. This thread has moved on since then.

Thanks again,

Jim.

Return to “openTx model setup”