Voice files stop playing.

Daveh

Voice files stop playing.

Post by Daveh »

I have OpenTx 2.2.0 loaded onto my 9XR Pro transmitter. It's a new installation to me. I have set up some fairly extensive glider mixes, using two flight modes. The "Amber" sound pack is loaded, playing wav files for when the flight mode switch is changed between the two modes and also continuously at 3s intervals when the throttle stick is below mid point in flight mode 2 (it becomes the flap control input for CH6).
It seems to work well, but after a few minutes, the voice files don't get played. Other sounds using the buzzer and the haptic, work all the time. When powered off/on, it's OK for a while again. I can't find a particular switch/input sequence that I can say causes this, is this something that is a known feature?

Kilrah

Re: Voice files stop playing.

Post by Kilrah »

Can come from a faulty SD card, try to format and reload that one or to use another one.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Thanks for that suggestion. So easy to try this... will buy a new card and try it again.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

New card (tested). Still the voice stops after a while. Noticed this time that the beeps stopped also but the haptic continued.
Replaced the Amber voice pack with the original for 2.2.0.
Voice (and beeps) stops after around 8 mins. Does not appear to be related to any particular function input.
Seems just time... power off/on and it restarts.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

After a while playing around with this. it seems that the sounds/voice stops after the combined haptic/beep warning (as set in the mix window) has sounded. The loss of sound is not immediate, but can happen several seconds later. Tx seems to be stable once all combined haptic/beep events were deselected. So far, on the bench, it has managed five or six ten minute runs without stopping. On one run it did stop near the 10min mark, not sure what caused this and have been unable to recreate it. I will try it in the field.

Daveh

Post by Daveh »

So, in the field, it's no different. Is there a pointer to indicate the part of the firmware that runs sound files is stopped? would be really helpful if I could determine that the hardware was at fault.
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

In an effort to move somewhere on my problem, I tried:
Reloaded and different sound packs.
A different 9XR Pro Tx with its own SD card.
Regenerated and reloaded 2.2.0
Tried 2.1.9 but found model configs reported as "not compatible" (I can see no reason that 2.1.9 might fare any better).
Tried different model configs (for other similar models, edited from the same original config).
Non of these actions had a definite effect, except that on my original FW (2.2.0) a simple 4 ch model appears to run for several minutes longer until the audio crashes/disappears.
Any suggestions?
Daveh

Post by Daveh »

Having listed the things I'd tried, it seemed that there's more easy things to eliminate. If a simple model config fails on 2.2.0, I can at least try the same on 2.1.9.
So far it has outlasted the same on 2.2.0 and run for an hour. Maybe worthwhile a more complex definition.
I wonder if this post is in the right forum section.
DonaldHill

Post by DonaldHill »

I know this is an old thread but I've started having the exact same problem. Did anyone come up with an answer? I am slowly migrating my models to a Taranis X9D plus but it would be handy to get this sorted in the meantime.
Bongdan

Post by Bongdan »

Daveh wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:00 pm I have OpenTx 2.2.0 loaded onto my 9XR Pro transmitter. It's a new installation to me. I have set up some fairly extensive glider mixes, using two flight modes. The "Amber" sound pack is loaded, playing wav files for when the flight mode switch is changed between the two modes and also continuously at 3s intervals when the throttle stick is below mid point in flight mode 2 (it becomes the flap control input for CH6).
It seems to work well, but after a few minutes, the voice files don't get played. Other sounds using the buzzer and the haptic, work all the time. When powered off/on, it's OK for a while again. I can't find a particular switch/input sequence that I can say causes this, is this something that is a known feature?
DonaldHill wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 pm I know this is an old thread but I've started having the exact same problem. Did anyone come up with an answer? I am slowly migrating my models to a Taranis X9D plus but it would be handy to get this sorted in the meantime.

Hey guys, for 1 year Im struggling with this sound issue. When I power up the radio all sound works,,,,after few minutes no more sounds just the haptic vibrations. Is so annoying I have no alerts. Any solution ? I tried different SD card.
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Could be a bad solder connection some where, when the radio heats up, it maybe causing the failure.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).

Return to “openTx model setup”