Multi Protocol Telemetry

bshockme

Multi Protocol Telemetry

Post by bshockme »

I have been looking all night for an answer, and I haven't found it... I am looking at buying the Banggood Multi Module and would like to utilize telemetry. Can someone tell me if I only need to hook the black telemetry wire to pin 5 to enable telemetry?

Thanks in advance!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Multi Protocol Telemetry

Post by MikeB »

The answer is "maybe". I've been sorting some problems on the MULTI module firmware itself relating to telemetry.
Currently it uses the hardware serial to send the telemetry data in non-inverted polarity.
I have code in recent test versions of ersky9x that handles this using "bit-bashing" to receive the data.
I'm currently testing some code for the MULTI module that uses "bit-bashing" to send the serial data inverted so ersky9x will be able to use hardware serial to receive the telemetry data.
I'm doing this mainly so the MULTI module may be used in a Taranis with openTx as, while I have "bit-bashing" serial working for ersky9x on the Taranis, openTx don't seem to be prepared to use this.
You are correct with the wiring needed for whichever method is finally used.
You will very likely need to re-flash the MULTI module. THis will need a suitable programmer that operates with a 3.3V target device.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
bshockme

Post by bshockme »

Thanks Mike! I was hoping this would be the answer. This would mean I could use the same transmitter with an XJT module or an orange rx dsm module converted to multi protocol? This would be super. I will order one, and give it try.

Thanks again.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I still need to implement the "inverted serial" option on the Orange DSM module MULTI firmware. It just needs a bit of time to write and test. Since the XMEGA processor on the Orange module supports hardware inversions on all pins, it won't need too much work to add, just a bit of 'spare' time.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”