Old 35Mhz module ? Where ?

Choosing an RF Module? What modules work? What is compatible with the 9x?
latrc

Post by latrc »

Where can I find 35Mhz module to fit my 9x ? I have a JR Propo but I know you cannot use true JR module as it has a different pin voltage config. You can only use JR compatible.

second question - as I have a factory FlySky 9x - I assume the telescopic Fm antena is still connected and would work ?

I know it sounds backward step - but I have various 35Mhz gear and shame to waste especially as I live in a country where very few use 35Mhz ...

i still intend to use my FrSky as well ...........
Founder of Yahoo Group for Flysky radios : [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/[/url]
9x FlySky + FrSky on stock FW. Flying heli's, biplanes, Parkjets, EDF, aerobatics, Gas and electric. Over 40yrs modelling.

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Hobby king still sell some :)

Bigger issue will be - does your 9x have the whip antenna?

If not.. You will have to retro fit it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
latrc

Re: Old 35Mhz module ? Where ?

Post by latrc »

Hi Rob .... I do ask in my post if the telescopic is still working ... and I do say i have the factory FS 9x - not the Turnigy without.

I looked on HK and couldn't find any Fly Sky 35 module apart from Rx ... I'm looking for the Tx module.
Founder of Yahoo Group for Flysky radios : [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/[/url]
9x FlySky + FrSky on stock FW. Flying heli's, biplanes, Parkjets, EDF, aerobatics, Gas and electric. Over 40yrs modelling.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=527
I bought one second hand on eBay, they sell for nothing as nobody uses them anymore. Modded mine as my 9x has no antenna (newer ones from other brands don't have it either anymore now), I reused the connection for FrSky telemetry, and use the hole at the top of the case to hold my video recorder :D
latrc

Post by latrc »

Now that is interesting as FlySky who make the radios still provide with FM antena as far as I am aware ....... so who's removing them. Turnigy as I understand it had an agreement with FS to produce the grey case and no antena with TM002 module rebadged etc. (they don't tell you that !! )

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Well I was looking for one, found a shop who had the FlySky branded radio, had photos with the antenna on the website, and I wrote to ask if it did indeed come with the antenna... They replied that no, they didn't anymore.
This shop also shows the FlySky radio with the 2.4GHz antenna on top like the Turnigy:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-th9x-r9b- ... radio.html

I guess that as Turnigy asked for the mod and Eurgle followed, they understood that nobody wanted MHz anymore and went for 2.4GHz only themselves too.
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Only ones I know that still have the antenna are eurgle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
latrc

Post by latrc »

Interesting ... as FS - my contact says that it's a brand specific alteration. I'll have to give him a kick up the wotsits !

I quite like having the old antena in fact as then I can use it as a wind pendant holder ... extend to see wind before take-off, retract before opening throttle and go. I don't flyu with it up at all ... just in case of any inductance or affect on the stub antena.
It makes sense to remove it on production line though as there are very few that would want to use it and saves them cost of the item.

Nigel

Return to “RF MODULES”