Spontaneous reboot while flying and hanging shutdown issues

erskyTx runs on many radios and upgrade boards
ersky9x was a port of er9x for use on the sky9x board.
Clivew

Re: Spontaneous reboot while flying and hanging shutdown iss

Post by Clivew »

Mike, it looks to me that you have sorted that horrible bug!
No probems here so far anyway (V2 and V3 boards)
Well done, and thankyou! :D

Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

MikeB wrote:Follow Clive's link to the TinyApp, on the bottom right, click on "View raw file", and select "Save link Target as", save the file somewhere as TinyApp.bin.
To load, run SAM-BA, select the "Co-Processor" tab, click the "Execute" button enable the co-processor loading applet, set the load Address to 0x80, select the TinyApp.bin file as the Send File Name to send, then click the Send File button.

Mike.
OK...one more question...I'm not seeing a "Co-Processor" tab in Samba? The Co-Processor has 104 loaded on it. I have the Tinyapp.bin downloaded. By mistake I loaded this via serial flash in samba and had to reset the board to defaults but ersky is now loaded back on.

So I just need the trick to get the "Co-Processor" tab on samba.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You must have a setup problem in SAM-BA somewhere.
In your SAM-BA installation you have a tcl_lib directory.
Check you have the attached "boards.tcl" file in it.
boards.zip
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Check you have a sub-directory "at91sam3s4-9x", and that it contains the contents of the zip file from here:
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic ... 110#p65475

When you run SAM-BA, select "at91sam3s4-9x" as the board type.

It should then all work.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Houston...the Eagle has landed. Weeeeee Doooog!

That was one hell of a ride. I got all the necessary files in place, the co processor tab showed up. Shazam...I have 106 installed.

Thank You Mike, I know you have so much going on and to take the time to help me out is, beyond words.

Rick
Flyjp

Re: Spontaneous reboot while flying and hanging shutdown issues

Post by Flyjp »

Hello, I am new to this forum and I wanted to share my experience and also thank Mike and the other involved in this development.

I was occasionally using a T9X with a Sky9x board and once I had a crash with an epp flying wing.
The radio seemed to have switched itself off and at the time I suspected the power switch.
Recently I got into building my first FPV quadcopter and I started to use my T9X / Sky9x more, and played a lot of simulator.
During these sessions the radio rebooted at least twice, and after some search I found this thread.
The firmware that was installed was ersky9x-r130 and the coprocessor had version 0104.
Since I have no Windows installation I didn't manage to use SAM-BA V2.11.
What I did instead is that I installed SAM-BA v2.18 on Linux and copied the tcl_lib files.
Then I go the error message '"COPROCESSOR::appletAddr":parent namespace doesn't exist' .
To go around this error I commented out in the file at91sam3s4-9x.tcl the lines 185 to 187 :

Code: Select all

#set COPROCESSOR::appletAddr          0x20001000
#set COPROCESSOR::appletMailboxAddr   0x20001040
#set COPROCESSOR::appletFileName      "$libPath(extLib)/$target(board)/applet-coprocessor-atsam3s4.bin"
By doing so I was able to upload the latest ersky9x-r221 firmware.
On startup I saw a nice error message telling me to update the coprocessor.
I then navigated through the menus and found the General/Run Maintenance/Update CoProcessor option.
After putting the firmware file ersky9xs_rom.bin in the FIRMWARE directory of the SDcard, it was able to update the coprocessor with the corresponding FF81 version.
The new ersky version is definitely an improvement, the user experience is really nice. For now no reboots of course.

Thanks for this amazing work !

Return to “erskyTx (was ersky9x)”