9xr ppm output pin

Hardware Support for the 9XR
scott

9xr ppm output pin

Post by scott »

Hi, I purchased a 9x radio then a friend said better to get a 9xr as it wont need flashing. I purchased to use FPV planes with use of Dragonlink and have been un able to get the DL to pick up ppm signal via the pin outs at the back of TX, it works fine on the 9x but not the 9xr. I took a voltage of the top pin and it shows around 4v on the 9x and 0v on the 9xr.....regardless of ppm on/off/rate configuration. As a complete dunder head when it comes to electronics I have no idea how to other wise check where or what is the problem.......do I consider it a dud and purchase smarty board and flash 9x or is there a known issue with ppm on the 9xr? Thanks

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: 9xr ppm output pin

Post by MikeB »

Did the 9X come with a Tx module and Rx? If so, try these in the 9XR.
It may be worth opening the 9XR up and checking all the connectors to the main board are seated correctly.

You may want to flash the 9XR anyway. Hk have chosen to "read protect" both the flash and the EEPROM memories so you are unable to use eepe to backup the EEPROM. You will also then get the latest revision of er9x (or openTx).

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
scott

Post by scott »

Thanks Mike, yeah nothing works on the module pins. I will open it up and have a look then do as you suggest and flash it......I think Ill need the practice for when I do the 9x
scott

Post by scott »

After mucking around I found Trainer off = 5v at jr socket only and Trainer on = 5v at Futaba socket and Module pins. After flashing er9x it gives constant 5v at module pin regardless of Trainer on or off
igvitalr

Post by igvitalr »

I have the same problem, there is no ppm signal at the first back pin. I tried a 2,4gHz and a 433MHz module. How can I solve this?

Return to “Turnigy 9XR radio”