newbe problems

darkonii

Re: newbe problems

Post by darkonii »

Hi, I'm a beginner just learning how to fly quad. I have a few nano quad, some uses the phone app to fly and a few have the tiny transmitter. I like to use a full size transmitter so I can feel the stick and learn how to control the quad. The brand of quad I have are Syma, Cheerson, MJX, JJRC, WLToys, HQ777, Eachine, Helic Max, GPToys and Hubsan. I don't know how to solder and I don't want to open the transmitter to mod it. I would like to buy a transmitter under $200 to control all the different brand of quad. Which transmitter would you recommend or it is too early for me to get a transmitter at this stage and I should wait until I'm more experience? Thank you.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

See this module, requires some DIY but that's the only thing that will allow you to control multiple brands of toys with the same radio.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2709034
darkonii

Post by darkonii »

Thank you.
Do I need to solder in order to install that module? Is there a transmitter that does the same without the need to solder?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Support for some of those toys you want to control has only been added recently so that the module as delivered won't control them. Soldering (pretty easy) is needed to install a header to reprogram the module, along with being able to buy the required programmer and follow the configuration and flashing instructions.

There is no easier thing that does what you want.
darkonii

Post by darkonii »

Okay, so I need to get a devo10 and mod it with that module?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That module is meant for radios that have a JR module slot such as the 9X and Taranis, not a Devo.
darkonii

Post by darkonii »

Does, 2.4G CC2500 A7105 Flysky Frsky Devo DSM2 Multiprotocol TX Module works with FlySky FS-TH9X 2.4G 9CH Transmitter?

Return to “9Xtreme upgrade board”